Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
3 members (Red Rum, noileg, FiM), 4,475 guests, and 1,701 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#36760 02/05/12 10:38 AM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2
Novice
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new chipper/mulcher - home use, & I'm tossing up between a Greenfield Greenfield with the 10.5 hp motor, or the Hansa C7 Hansa. I like the idea of the Greenfield, but I'm concerned about the direct drive. I've written to Greenfield about broken crankshafts, having seen one broken just yesterday, but haven't had a response. I'd be keen to know if the GF has different size discs, and especially if anyone has experience with broken cranks - I've no idea why the one I saw broke, but I would have hoped there'd be a breakable key, coupling etc.

Thanks
Grant

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,926
Likes: 11
Pushrod Honda preferrer
***
Hi Grant, welcome to Outdoorking. The Greenfield site does not seem to explain how they protect the crankshaft from torsional overloads, so contacting them seems to be the best approach. The engine manufacturers tend to provide a keyway in the output shaft that is of suitable dimensions to allow the key to shear in emergencies, but it is usually a rectangular key, not a Woodruff key, so their efforts can be defeated by the shredder manufacturer providing an unusually long key. Only Greenfield can deal with your concerns.

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2
Novice
Thanks for that Grumpy - interesting thing today is, having looked again for Greenfield Shredders on YouTube, I find every reference to Greenfield Shredders that I had before has now disappeared - 'Video removed by user'. I find that rather strange and again, have sent an email to Gf but again, have had no response. I saw recently that Greenfield had sued another manufacturer for pinching their design, and won. I can't recall who it was, or find that reference again. Maybe the other party have counter sued?

Regards
Grant

Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 1
Novice
have a look at www.yardeco.com


Moderated by  Bruce, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia
18,135 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,807
Members18,135
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1