Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (aitchey), 4,150 guests, and 1,699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2025
Posts: 8
Novice
Hi Everyone,

I rebuilt a Suzuki M120X (with new seals) that came on the Rovers. The carburettor has been cleaned (not soaked though). I wonder if you can help me with a starting and running issue that it now has.

It would only start with Aerostart and full choke (even when hot). It would not start from the carb at all.

Once it starts, it runs very well (and the governor works) but then conks out as if the kill switch is activated. The bowl is full of fuel so it's not that.

If I hold the governor lever for higher revs, it doesn't conk out but then stops again a few seconds after I let go of the governor.

I have tried another carb that I have also cleaned (no soaking) and same problem.

Any ideas anyone?

Last edited by SuziRova; 01/02/26 08:23 PM.
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
WHH Offline
Novice
It still sounds like the carby . You can tune by screwing the 2 small screws in 1and a 1/2 turns and then fine tune after that , I think by memory .

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****
Originally Posted by SuziRova
Hi Everyone,

I rebuilt a Suzuki M120X (with new seals) that came on the Rovers. The carburettor has been cleaned (not soaked though). I wonder if you can help me with a starting and running issue that it now has.

It would only start with Aerostart and full choke (even when hot). It would not start from the carb at all.

Once it starts, it runs very well (and the governor works) but then conks out as if the kill switch is activated. The bowl is full of fuel so it's not that.

If I hold the governor lever for higher revs, it doesn't conk out but then stops again a few seconds after I let go of the governor.

I have tried another carb that I have also cleaned (no soaking) and same problem.

Any ideas anyone?

You should look at the airfilter assembly because that can cause a lot of issues if it is warpped it will cause starting issues and running issues.

Just search on the forum and you will find other people that have the same problem.

Good Luck.


Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia
18,135 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1