Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
3 members (ir_baboon_73, Herriman, Merro27), 3,118 guests, and 2,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 7
Novice
Greetings all,

After some deliberation and a rather long time since I last participated in any sort of forum discussion, I have decided to "log" some history regarding a rare and seldom discussed machine.

The Masport Ambassador 21" self propelled rotary mower.

I acquired three of these machines earlier this year. I've spent almost 15 straight years collecting, fixing and restoring old lawn equipment here in NZ and can't recall the last time I saw just one of these for sale.

These three mowers were headed to the grave short of a reasonable offer. The seller was super co-operative and willing to drop them off to my work, so early hours on a Monday morning, I found myself looking at three rather sad examples of NZ lawn-mowing history.

After a quick assessment it became apparent that only one mower was in a restorable condition, whilst the remaining two are a bit past the repair stage.

The catalog (and my master parts catalog) indicate that these were only offered with the 4HP (100000 series) Briggs. All three of these mowers seem to have 5HP (130000 series) engines. Not necessarily a bad thing, considering they're visually identical (minus the blower housing and some small casting differences).

I'll begin to reply to this thread with updates once the resto begins. For now, enjoy a touch of NZ mower history!

I should note that I have had trouble uploading images to outdoorking, should they not work I'll find another way to get them uploaded smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attachments
IMG_7571.jpeg (266.47 KB, 25 downloads)
IMG_7572.jpeg (237.85 KB, 25 downloads)
IMG_7575.jpeg (284.48 KB, 25 downloads)
Portal Box 6
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 7
Novice
Oddly enough, I acquired another Ambassador today...

[Linked Image]

...well, sort of!

Apparently this pristine body was destined for the scrap heap. Conveniently, it's actually in better shape than any of the three I already have.

The idea is to turn this one into a pristine unit, and then piece together another good mower, meaning I'll eventually have two working units out of 3 and a half.

Not bad going!

I also sent Masport NZ an email requesting any information they may have on the model. They kindly provided this promotional image, which going by the handlebars and painted raised "masport" nameplate, I would say is most definitely an earlier iteration. I had some "rotarolla" mowers, another interesting Masport product, with the same handlebars, so my best guess is that the clipping they've sent me is circa 1966-1968. Neat!

[Linked Image]

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****
Hi jackeo21,

Below is a parts list for the mower.

Attachments
Ambassador Mower.pdf (873.68 KB, 3 downloads)
Ambassador Mower Parts List

Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia
18,135 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,135
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1