Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (Bruce), 4,169 guests, and 1,588 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2025
Posts: 3
Novice
Hi All,

I hope you guys don't get sick of these ID questions. I'm a new member, great forum with some great info

I bought a SB off a friend, he was doing work for a Lawn Bowls club just finished cutting grass and was putting stuff away and an asked the greenskeeper where he wanted the mower put.
He told my friend he had a new one turning up Monday and he could have it. That was about 6-7 years ago and had been sitting in his shed since

Reading a lot of post... this is a single deck series 1 unit I assume, mower number 03275. I'm not 100% sure if this is the original motor it has a B&S Model 80202 Type 1735 02 code 84072503
It look like it is missing the throttle assemble so imagine they where just setting the throttle manually at the motor, Looks like on the front it has a wire for kill switch which is missing parts
The catcher has seen better days

I would appreciate any feedback

I plan to do a general restore, where would I find a parts breakdown. Do the series 1 & 2 have different parts breakdown

Attachments
image2.jpeg (351.22 KB, 54 downloads)
image4.jpeg (425.86 KB, 53 downloads)
image7.jpeg (464.83 KB, 53 downloads)
image6.jpeg (350 KB, 53 downloads)
image0.jpeg (493.3 KB, 53 downloads)
image5.jpeg (399.24 KB, 53 downloads)
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,727
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Hi Nismo,

The year of the Briggs and Stratton 3 hp motor is 1984 ,I think in 1983 they were the red Rover version of the 45 .

Could be an engine from a Rover 45


Looks like a good mower to restore.

I can't find much on the 03272 model number.

Spare parts can be found on eBay or here https://www.scottbonnar.com/

A Google search for a particular part may find more.

manuals here ttps://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6371/scott-bonnar-manuals-parts-list.html#Post6371

History https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.a...64933/model-45-history-record-c1968.html

https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.a.../62970/re-some-scott-bonnar-history.html

Cheers
Max.

Joined: Mar 2025
Posts: 3
Novice
Hi Max,

Sorry for the late response in Brisbane and Cyclone Alfred has been a pain

Thanks for the feedback. So look like a mid1970's frame with a 84 motor they had in the shed.

Considering that, it is not going to be Sacrilegious if I put a Honda engine on this as the current engine isn't original anyway

Regards,

Mark

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,998
Likes: 16
Former Moderator
If you are going to buy a new engine just buy the latest Briggs sloper engine, you really can't go wrong.


I live a 24 Hour lifestyle, but every now and again I seem to fall asleep, well at least that's what my wife tells me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
avelingandy, Cdlmhunt5, BobsYourUncle, shjump, Fleshtuxcedo
18,151 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,151
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1