Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (aitchey), 4,150 guests, and 1,699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 85
Likes: 3
Trainee
Hi All

I wanted to post on here to any potential Victa Powertworque experts and people who know about electronics and ignition systems post if I have understood the inner workings of the ignition module.

Regarding the electronic ignition module either as the seperate little silver box or built in to the ignition coil I believe this is how it works. This post is relevant to the Powertworque flywheel magnet, ignition coil, armature etc.

I've been going deep down a rabbit hole trying to understand how the ignition system works on the Powertworque Victa and in particular the ignition coil, armature and most importantly the silver little square ignition module.

I ended up finding a very good free book online from the 1960's that is solely about ignition coils and magnetos. I'll post the link below and you can read for free. If you go to page 221 I reckon this is what the inside of the replacement Victa module ignition module is made up of. Some diodes, capacitor and thyristor that get triggered once a certain voltage is reached gets triggered. I have taken a screenshot below.

There is one last great Australian electronics magazine Silicon Chip magazine and I emailed one of the staff writers and I said the way the magneto looks on the Victa Powertworque with 2 magnets on the flywheel and the U shaped armature (not E shaped) he agreed the internal circuitry would be similar to what I've posted.

I've also posted a photo from a Paul Dempsey book of the system and and explanation of how that circuit works.

I've vaguely thought about spending $30 and taking one apart but I reckon this circuit is pretty much and you can read the photo and someone with some electronic knowledge will see how once the SCR is triggered at the gate it dumps the voltage in to the primary.

And to be honest to really understand you need to know a decent amount about electronics, magnetic flux lines, Faraday's laws of induction etc

On the newer Victa 2 strokes you can't even see this part of the coil visually as it potted inside the coil


page 221

https://www.gardentractortalk.com/d...ion-coils-and-magnetos-by-bob-shores.pdf

Attachments
IMG20250608163423.jpg (253.18 KB, 34 downloads)
IMG_20250608_163846.jpg (268.85 KB, 34 downloads)
IMG_20250608_162609.jpg (89.46 KB, 35 downloads)
1 member likes this: Beech
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,725
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Hi Ted12,

There are also a lot of patents you can read on electronic ignition for mowers and instructions
to make a module https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/atom-diy-module.142530/

Cheers
Max.

2 members like this: Beech, Ted12
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 85
Likes: 3
Trainee
Thanks Max, yes I've looked at those, cheers


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia
18,135 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1