Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (Bruce), 2,204 guests, and 1,506 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#113007 06/10/21 07:39 AM
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 7
Likes: 1
Novice
Hi All.

First time posting here so hopefully this all works as intended.

I have purchased a Victa Imperial Cylinder Mower which I have attached. I was looking to do some work on the old girl to keep a piece of history running and am after some advice.
Are their any parts available for these anymore? I have been told that it has leaky valves and not worth spending the money on...

Hope everyone has a good day.

Mick cheers2

Attachments
Screenshot_20210315-192303_Facebook.jpg (228.68 KB, 81 downloads)
1 member likes this: Hobbsy
Portal Box 6
Dopo #113012 06/10/21 10:29 PM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hello Dopo
A warm welcome to ODK from me.

This is a very early 1970s Imperial.
Note that it has the single point height adjuster and
new style centrifugal clutch, but before the 2-stroke Imperials.

I guess a lot will go to personal attachment to this mower.
They were certainly well-built with a long heritage.

Many wearing parts will still be available.
I think it goes to tenacity and research.

I guess you have read the History Record: -
https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/72511/victa-imperial-c1966-1978.html

Please keep us informed.

Cheers
Jack

2 members like this: Hobbsy, Dopo
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 7
Likes: 1
Novice
Hi Jack

Thank you for that, It would be nice to keep it original.

Yes that forum post was what I found doing a classic google search, I think the parts side of thing may be difficult. However like you said it seems well build and would probably last another 50yrs..

Thanks, hopefully more people on here have some additional insight.

Dopo #119965 10/11/24 08:13 AM
Joined: Nov 2024
Posts: 1
Novice
Hey Dopo,
I’m a new owner of a Victa Imperial HK25K.
Just spent yesterday cleaning it up and servicing it. It hadn’t been turned over for 10-15 years.
Once I’d finished, she cranked over beautifully and ran like a dream. Like you said there’s no reason it couldn’t keep going for another 50 years.
I’d love to do some more restoration work on it and was wondering how you went looking for parts? Have you had any luck?
I’m brand new to this forum and this mower, be really keen to find out more about it and possibly getting it looking and running like new.
Anyway, thanks for reading and hopefully you or someone on here can help. Cheers,
Steve.

Last edited by Hobbsy; 10/11/24 08:16 AM.

Steve Hobbs

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia
18,135 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1