Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (MowingManiac), 5,011 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#110470 27/01/21 01:28 PM
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 70
Trainee
Hi.. was given one of these recently.. a bit rough and missing parts
I need the rear axle bearings... no seals so were absolutely shot !!.. pricing from Honda was around $50 for the pair.
Is there a cheaper bearing that fits these mowers ?
Ken..

Last edited by kenny_t; 27/01/21 01:29 PM.
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
You can try and scavenge bearings off a dumped el cheapo mower and see if you can make them fit.
That's how I repaired the rear wheel of an old SupaSwift of mine by using a wheel bearing off a Sanli base I picked up on the side of the road.


Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 240
Likes: 12
Apprentice level 3
I believe most Honda's use 1/2" bearings - dunno if you need two or four but plenty of good options on ebay or even via your local bearings seller (most decent sized cities will have one):
1/2" bearings on Ebay

Is laughable how much the big brands want for their 'genuine' parts, I remember when a friend of mine went to a Yamaha dealership for a single plastic pushclip that had come out from his motorbike's fairing - they wanted $12 or so for it and he almost had a seizure on the spot. Suffice to say the bike had to struggle on without said pushpin.

Last edited by N1KK0; 27/01/21 04:53 PM.
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 70
Trainee
Sorry guys.. this relates to the self propel type Honda.. the rear axle in mounted in two flanged bearings staked into brackets that give the height adjustment.... the rear wheels themselves dont have bearings, but the front have two of the 1/2 inch ones either side.

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 304
Likes: 22
Apprentice level 4
Yeah I know the bearings, replaced a few myself. If you have the old ones a bearing shop may be able to size them up, but flanged bearings aren't real common. original part number is 91054-VA4-800

Attachments
hr214.PNG (62.8 KB, 70 downloads)
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 25
AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
The bearing is 15mm x 35mm x 14mm. It is the flange part that going to be the problem. The closest I have have found is a VXB F6202-2RS bearing but it is only 11mm wide. Maybe able to make up the difference with spacers.

Also it is important to note the flange width of the F6202-2RS which is 2.75mm. The flange diameter is 37.75mm.

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I personally wouldn't bother replacing the bearings in one of those SP's, I would replace the whole body if I could find something suitable

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 25
AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Originally Posted by NormK
I personally wouldn't bother replacing the bearings in one of those SP's, I would replace the whole body if I could find something suitable
I would it all depends on current body condition and if the F6202-2RS will work or not.

But where you can get 10 of the bearings fairly low cost even for an Australian.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32511791337.html

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi AVB,
Bodies are usually not too bad, it is just they are too heavy to push once the SP fails and that is not a case of it might happen but when it will. Honda build fantastic motors but the self propelled mowers leave a lot to be desired

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 25
AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Norm, The last Honda mower to come into my shop had a plastic composite body. It was busted pretty bad after the customer hit a brick. But normally I just don't see them here for some reason.

I just did the research on the above bearing. I however will probably never need one myself unless it for some other brand mower.

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi AVB,
Only plastic Honda I have heard of was on Ebay some years ago and I think that body was busted up. It sold quickly, obviously somebody wanted the motor

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 25
AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I don't think they would be a big seller over there if what I seen on this forums about hitting rocks many times. The one was a HRX217 model. They advertise it to have a rust proof deck. lol


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
avelingandy, Cdlmhunt5, BobsYourUncle, shjump, Fleshtuxcedo
18,151 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,151
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1