Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (MowingManiac), 5,011 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#107467 23/07/20 10:49 PM
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,101
Likes: 81
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Was about to throw away some victa primer caps with split primer when I decided to have a fiddle

Drilled out the vent hole, and tapped in a retic fitting and fitted a piece of pvc pipe.

Then got a line trimmer remote primer with broken retainer leg, drilled a hole in the top, drilled up each hole to dislodge and break the duckbill valve, soldering ironed one fitting shut. works great

Should go nicely on the VC sport (will put a good piece of line on and put in an inconspicuous location

If you had one with a deck fitting for the remote primer, I suppose you could use one of the talon 4st mower primers

https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/engines/talon-engine-parts/genuine-talon-fuel-primer-522-26-97-01

Someone has probably thought of before, hopefully it saves a few primer caps

Attachments
P7220134.JPG (86.66 KB, 50 downloads)
P7220136.JPG (66.82 KB, 68 downloads)
P7220135.JPG (92.42 KB, 52 downloads)
Portal Box 6
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,233
Likes: 32
Junior Technician
I like it Tyler, saving money..........
I've tried a few things, here's a clear primer , seems to work. A bit tricky getting it in.
speedy

Attachments
primer 001.JPG (50.53 KB, 36 downloads)

........................Keep your blades sharp......................
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi speedy,
what is that bulb from, any idea?

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,233
Likes: 32
Junior Technician
it's the large replacement whipper snipper bulb, 22mm outside 17mm inside.
I bought from ebay in small batches, like 6 small 6 large.
Maybe it needs a hole in the end.. I'm trying it out on PT...... just have to get good spark first.
speedy


........................Keep your blades sharp......................
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,101
Likes: 81
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Thanks speedy

Have seen it done (and even switched a good victa rubber bulb off of a broken plate onto another (hard work getting it over the ridge)

Norm, that looks like the big whipper snipper primer - eg ryobi.

Only worry is the breather hole - my advice is drill from the inside on a piece of wood you don't mind damaging

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Thanks speedy and Tyler,
I figured it was like the Ryobi one, I doubt I will ever need to do one as I bought 100 primer caps from the carbymaster when I was having terrible problems with float needles and primer caps a couple of years ago. I still have quite a few still here. I don't throw all the ones I remove out, only the ones with split/damaged primers or other damage, or some that the needle keeps sticking in or leaking.

Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,101
Likes: 81
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Gee Norm, 100 caps - bet $800 on carby parts arriving took some explaining haha, and the cost neutral hobby idea took a hammering

I have about 20 here as well - most good used (have less problems than the new)

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi Tyler,
I keep kidding myself and the missus believes me that I have a handle on this cost neutral hobby


Moderated by  Bruce, Deejay 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
avelingandy, Cdlmhunt5, BobsYourUncle, shjump, Fleshtuxcedo
18,151 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,151
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1