When I first saw a picture of this mower my first thought was it was probably a stencil model of some sort but the chap quite sure this wasn't the case and the mowers were in fact made at Dawn Mowers in Surrey Hills. This shop still exists and the fellow I spoke to there confirmed this. I am now awaiting information on these machines and hope records have been kept. I don't recall seeing another deck like this and seems a sturdy well made machine. The wheels are Walter Barr, engine, Villiers 2 stroke, handle bars look very Victa. Did Victa make there own handle bars or would they have bought components such as that from another supplier ? Having never seen another of these I'm hoping some records, pictures or a brochure might be available from the dealer to compare this machine to. Here are some pics and i will post more.
Nice mower, the base and bars are of Loukon heritage. They came with a Kirby 4 stroke fitted and were also available in self propelled form. Many manufacturers were actually only assemblers of other makers parts to market their own product.