Hi fellows,
Ahh yes the hammerhead shark engine. Now so regretting leaving a Massy from this era on the kerb with catcher and heavily disguised vertical pull Briggs with a fancy dress cowl and interesting throttle dial on the front. Masport are essentially a kiwi Rover, well made but with those deuced wheel clips to hold them on that make them a pig to replace.
I was fooled into thinking Masport was Australian at first, their brand was so prominent here. I have seen a couple of videos of 2 stroke Massys and essentially another case of thinking it's a Victa if you shut your eyes!
Why they insist on those bar blades on an otherwise quality machine is beyond me. They must market to people who have lawns free of objects (good luck).
PS I am annoyed they took over Morrison. I view that as anti competitive conduct. Similar story with Rover acquiring Scott Bonnar and Victa with Pace.